What is in our Essentials Leopard Gecko Kit and why?
In the wild, Leopard Geckos originate from India and Pakistan. We are firm believers that from juvenile through to adult they require far more than the basic ‘45cm setup with a heat mat’ offered in most deals. This is why our Essentials Leopard Gecko Kit includes the 86x 32x 47cm in a range of colours; allowing for more freedom of movement, greater range for thermoregulation and more space to add natural décor to enhance environmental enrichment. As with all our wooden vivarium kits, we supply a reptile safe sealant as standard to protect your setup from water damage and make it last.
We are breaking away from the use of heat mats for Leopard Geckos. Instead, we include essential heating and lighting equipment by way of a heat bulb and ceramic holder, with an easy install bracket. We provide peace of mind with a top of the line, high-temperature range dimming thermostat. Connected to your Basking bulb fitting, this enables you to replicate the temperatures from their native Indian habitat. With basking temperatures of up to 36°C recommended, we include a digital thermometer and a bulb guard to protect your gecko from coming into direct contact with the heat source.
UVB lighting is essential for the health and well-being of all reptiles. Despite outdated information stating it is not necessary for Leopard Geckos still circulating; they benefit hugely from having access to UVB. Included is a market-leading Shade Dweller T5 lighting kit at the optimum spectrum for your gecko. This is an all in one, plug and play unit which has a built-in reflector to optimise the output of UVB; we recommend replacing your tube at a maximum of every 12 months to maintain the correct UVB levels. The lighting is recommended to be on for 12 hours during the day, so we suggest having everything switched off at night to allow for a natural nighttime temperature drop.
Calcium and multivitamins are something we advocate using throughout your Leopard Geckos entire life. It is as vital as the use of UVB; the combination of both is key for avoiding problems such as metabolic bone disease, which is an avoidable debilitating condition resulting from poor calcium levels.
Water quality is also important; although Leopard Geckos are a hardy species that don’t drink a lot, we include a water conditioner to neutralise the chemicals in tap water and add beneficial electrolytes. Terrarium moss is included as Leopard geckos require access to a humid area within the tank to aid the shedding cycle.
A natural-looking habitat is not only aesthetically pleasing but it provides enrichment for your gecko, encouraging instinctual behaviour. Included with your Essentials Kit is natural Cork Bark, this is perfect for creating an elevated basking platform/hiding area and realistic artificial plants add to the natural look. A rock effect water dish is included; although geckos get the majority of their fluids from their diet, we always recommend giving them access to water.
Given that the included heating and lighting equipment will be providing the optimum environment for your Leopard Geckos digestive system, a loose
particle sand/soil-based substrate is a low-risk way of creating a natural habitat. The Essentials kit includes x2 bags of species-specific substrate, plus a sand scoop and reptile safe disinfectant for keeping the environment clean and smelling fresh.
Essentials Kit contents:
• Vivarium - 86x 32x 47cm (34” x 12” x 18”) This size is perfect for Juveniles through to adults– a home for life!
• Shade Dweller UVB Lighting system - UVB is essential for the health and wellbeing of your dragon
• Pulse Thermostat - Ensuring your vivarium is reaching the correct basking temperature year-round
• Ceramic Bulb - Provides a basking area at one end, allowing the reptile to thermoregulate its body temperature
• Ceramic ES Fitting - High temperature heatproof, easy fit to hold the heat bulb securely
• Bulb Guard - Protects your dragon (and your hands) from accidental burns
• 24hr Timer - To regulate the daylight hours within your enclosure
• Digital Thermometer - The most accurate method of checking the temperature within the vivarium
• Water Bowl - Natural rock effect to match the environment
• Mealworm Dish - Curved to prevent mealworms from escaping
• Complete Calcium & Multivitamins - In conjunction with the UVB, these high-quality supplements keep your gecko healthy
• Leo Life Substrate - Providing the temperature and UVB levels are optimum, this is the most natural environment for your gecko
• Cork Bark - Provides an elevated basking area for your gecko to sit on under the heat lamp
• Naturalistic Caves - Provide a natural-looking safe hiding place
• Realistic artificial Plants - Adds to the natural look of the habitat
• Natural Moss - Aids humidity levels
• Reptisafe - Makes tap water safe
• Disinfectant - Reptile safe, perfect for deep cleaning and deodorising
• Sand Scoop - For daily spot cleaning
• Reptile safe vivarium sealant - This will ensure your vivarium is protected from water damage
Do your research
Before you commit to buying any pet, please do your own independent research.