What are Giganterra Birch Stumps?
A decorative reptile cave which resembles a natural fallen log. Ideal for a woodland, tropical terrarium, or vivarium setting.
The benefits of Giganterra Birch Stumps
Providing a quality hideaway gives your exotic pet added security and essential enrichment. Birch stumps can be used on either side of your enclosure and help control your exotic pets environment.
- Suitable for terrariums, paludariums and vivariums.
- Made from polyester resin which is both reptile and aquatic safe.
- Weighted so that the hide cannot be turned over easily by burrowing reptiles.
- Provides security and enrichment.
- Can be positioned either side of your enclosure.
How to use Giganterra Birch Stumps
There are several ways this product can be used.
- Place on the warm side of the terrarium or vivarium and use as a standard hide or cave.
- Fill the inside of the birch stump with suitable moss and position on the cooler side of the terrarium or vivarium. Regularly mist the moss underneath with a hand or pressure sprayer to create a humid hide or cave. This is perfect for subtropical and tropical species of reptile needing humid areas to successfully go through ecdysis (shedding).
- Carefully position your birch stump under your UVB lighting, if your reptile or amphibian is given the opportunity to climb onto the top of the birch stump and closer to their lamps, it will usually provide a beneficial increase in UV index.
Do your research
Before you commit to buying any pet, please do your own independent research.