Christmas Opening and Delivery Information
Thursday, 1st December 2022
Our opening hours over the festive period and last posting dates for orders.
Ordering before Christmas
During the festive period it's advisable to place all orders as soon as possible, so we can plan for them, please consider the disruption caused by the ongoing Royal Mail strikes (More information here).
Foods and Supplies
- Our last posting date for Christmas is Monday 19th December.
- Off-Site items (e.g. bulk bags of livefood) must be ordered before 12pm on Saturday 17th of December. This will allow us enough time to get your goods fresh from our supplier and straight out to you before Christmas.
We have been very limited in the days when it has been safe to ship pet invertebrates due to industrial action taking place over the last few months. This combined with the poor weather that is due this week has forced us into a position whereby we’ve had to take the decision to remove all available pet invertebrates from our website temporarily.
This decision has been taken to protect the existing customer orders we have and our livestock from unnecessary risk or further delays.
We will make all our pet invertebrates available for sale on our website at the first opportunity, we hope this will be before Christmas, but this will also be heavily dependent on Royal Mail Group, the CWU, and if they re-start negotiations. We will email all subscribers and let you know it's safe to order again. Not a subscriber? Sign up today!
- All orders must be received, and checks completed by Saturday 10th December for delivery on Thursday 15th/Friday 16th December.
- Any orders received, or checks completed after this date will not be delivered until Thursday 12th January 2023.
- Please look under the relevant headings above and ensure your order is placed before the earliest cut off time.
- It may be quicker to place separate orders for some items if your desperate for them and there is a potential risk of delay e.g. cold weather
- Please call and speak to us if your order is urgent and we can advise you on the best course of action.
Ordering before New Year
Foods and Supplies
- Our last posting date for New Year is Thursday 29th December.
- Off-Site items (e.g. bulk bags of livefood) must be ordered before 4pm on Tuesday 27th of December. This will allow us enough time to get your goods fresh from our supplier and straight out to you before New Year.
Ordering after New Year
Foods and Supplies
- Normal service levels will begin to resume Tuesday 3rd January.
- Off-Site items (e.g. bulk bags of livefood) must be ordered before 10am on Tuesday 3rd of January, we will ship these from Wednesday 4th of January.
- Shipping will re-commence from Tuesday 3rd January.
- Our backlog of Christmas orders will take priority.
- Order shipping is subject to the weather conditions being favourable. i.e. Stable overnight temperatures (i.e. usually above 5°C) and no hard frosts.
- The first courier delivery date of the New Year is Thursday 12th January 2022.
- Our backlog of Christmas orders will take priority. If we receive a large number of orders early in the New Year, we may need to delay some orders until the following week. We will contact you and discuss this if it becomes necessary.
- All orders must be received, and checks completed by Friday 6th for delivery on Thursday 12th January.
Save on courier fees! Don't forget, if you live closeby we offer a collection service. Order online and collect straight from our shop instead.
Why not visit us in person this Christmas? We'd love to meet you! Learn more about our Dronfield store.
- Christmas Eve (10 - 4pm)
- Christmas Day (CLOSED)
- Boxing Day (CLOSED)
- Bank Holiday (10 - 4pm)
- Wednesday 28th (10 – 4pm)
- Thursday 29th (10 – 4pm)
- Friday 30th (10 – 4pm)
- New Year’s Eve (10 - 4pm)
- New Years Day (CLOSED)
- Bank Holiday 2nd (10 - 4pm)
Keywords: exotic pets christmas 2022, christmas opening times exotic pets dronfield