Tuesday, 3rd November 2020
The latest information regarding our shop and online services during COVID-19.
Will we be open as normal?
Yes, we are deemed as an essential business and will continue to operate as normal throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
What we are doing as a business to stay COVID safe
- We are cleaning more often, especially surfaces that are being touched a lot. All staff and customers are encouraged to use hand sanitiser and wash their hands frequently.
- All customers unless medically exempt must wear face coverings when entering our shop. All team members in customer facing areas are also wearing masks.
- We have placed signage on our floors and walls reminding everyone the importance of maintaining social distancing. We have also reduced the number of customers allowed in our shop to ten, this allows customers and our team members to remain at least two metres apart. If we are full, we may ask you to wait outside until other customers leave.
- All customers are being asked to refrain from touching products or equipment in our shop unless looking to purchase them.
Will your shop hours change?
No. However, if we see a reduced footfall of custom over the days and weeks ahead and a larger increase in online sales; then we may have to temporarily change our working hours accordingly; as we did during the first lockdown.
Is your reptile courier delivering?
Our courier has received DEFRA approval and will continue trading during COVID-19. Deliveries to England, Wales, Scotland, Scottish Highlands, and Northern Ireland are operating as normal.
If you would like to use this service during this time, it is subject to the following conditions:
- This service could be withdrawn at any point if further lock down measures are implemented by the UK government.
- Orders could be held by Exotic-Pets.co.uk if our reptile courier is unable to deliver to your area for any reason (we will inform you immediately).
- Please ensure that when we call you regarding your delivery that you answer your phone or return our call as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result in your order being held for a significant period or worse still, cancelled and refunded.
- Order cut off time with our reptile courier is on a Monday at 12pm (for same week delivery) until further notice. N.B. This excludes any pre-orders.
What about invertebrate orders?
Invertebrate order shipping will continue as normal, and all orders will be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery or larger orders via APC Next Day.
Are you still delivering foods and supplies?
Yes, these are essentials. All livefood, frozen food, housing, equipment, decor, and substrates are available for purchase and delivery.
How far in advance should I order?
During this crisis, we would recommend ordering as early as possible. Please do not leave it until the last minute and run out of essential items such as foods for your animals.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time. As a business we have experienced delays with some postal services, and we would strongly recommend upgrading to Tracked Services for faster delivery times. We may have to make this a compulsory option if we experience many further delays.
We are still receiving frequent and large deliveries of food and supplies from all our wholesale partners and we are processing and dispatching all orders as fast as we possibly can, and in the order that we receive them.
The faster you order, the quicker you will receive your delivery.
Can I click and collect?
Yes, but we strongly advise following all government guidelines around social distancing, this is for your safety and ours.
We are extremely grateful to all customers for supporting our business during COVID-19.
Keywords: exotic pets lockdown, courier deliveries exotic pets. exotic pets uk covid-19,